Changes to our small animal operating hours over the Christmas period at U-Vet Werribee Animal Hospital
We have taken the very difficult decision to close U-Vet for two weeks from 6pm Tuesday 21 December 2021 to 8am Thursday 6 January 2022. This is not a decision we have taken lightly but the impact of COVID-19 on the University means we do not have the resources to provide cover across the holiday period and we need to give all our staff a break at a time when we do not have students. I know this decision will be a disappointment after what has been a very difficult 18 months.
If you need urgent small animal veterinary care during this two-week period, there are several 24/7 emergency centres in the area including:
- Animal Referral Hospital Essendon Fields, 03 9379 07006, 72 Hargrave Avenue, Essendon Fields
- Animal Emergency Centre, 03 9803 8122, 37 Blackburn Road, Mount Waverley
- Advanced Vet Care, 03 9092 0400, Level 1, 26 Robertson Street, Kensington
- Centre for Animal Referral and Emergency , 03 9417 6417, 5 Hood Street, Collingwood
- Geelong Animal Emergency, 03 5222 2139, 102 Fyans St, South Geelong
If your pet is likely to need a repeat prescription during the Christmas closure, or you are planning a revisit to the hospital around the holiday period, please plan ahead to make sure your pet’s needs are met.
U-Vet will be welcoming new veterinary staff in 2022 which will allow us to steadily increase the availability of appointments, our range of services and opening hours so that we provide the level of service you expect from U-Vet Werribee Animal Hospital.
As always, high-quality animal care is our top priority and we’re grateful for your patience and support as we look forward to welcoming you and your pets back to U-Vet in 2022.
Please note, the Equine Lameness and Imaging Centre continues to operate as normal over Christmas.